Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on the engine behind it - Alexa. We're building the Alexa Skills Platform behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented full stack developer to innovate in building innovative products. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
• Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• 5+ years of programming experience in creating large scale applications
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top