Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
How would you like to have the opportunity to be part of a newly launched AWS service that has impact across every internet facing product on our platform?
AWS Global Accelerator is a networking service that improves availability and performance for global applications. Learn more about its benefits, use cases and customers here https://aws.amazon.com/global-accelerator/.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the AWS Global Accelerator team. You should be somebody who is passionate about customers, and running a highly available distributed platform on the Internet. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. The ideal candidate will have strong technical background, a strong willingness to learn, and have deep experience defining new technical products from ambiguous requirements.
As part of this team you will:
• Own defining, scoping, developing, and launching features on a highly impactful new service
• Make critical design decisions with impact across AWS
• Learn what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master's degree in technology related field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics)
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
• Experience building complex, distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Proficient with web services, online technologies, and cloud based development.
Back to top