Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
Are you someone looking to showcase your skills? How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a cross-functional team tasked with innovating the building blocks of device software? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a new role at Amazon.
Join Amazon Common Software (ACS) in Devices, which launched Feb '2020. We are growing and need strong, creative leaders, with diverse experiences, to help us build the team for a new initiative. Check ACS out here: https://developer.amazon.com/acs-devices
ACS is software that makes it faster to develop devices that are transforming the smart home and run Amazon services, like Alexa. Come join the ACS family!
As a Software Development Engineer on the ACS team, you will be part of a team that owns critical Android framework components, services, tools, and application development frameworks - working on projects that push the boundaries of customer-device interaction.
You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer product experiences. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will participate in designing, prototyping, and building solutions to hard problems in the Android and Amazon ecosystem.
As part of your work, you will work closely with Amazon device software teams, product management teams, external partner developers, internal Amazon application developers, and Amazon service teams to drive development from the concept stage to the launch stage.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of software development engineering experience, with at least one year of experience developing embedded applications
• 3+ years of experience in design and architecture, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns
Master's or Ph.D degree in Computer Science or related field
• Understanding performance and memory in Android/Linux and embedded development constraints
• Extensive knowledge of Linux
• Extensive experience working on consumer electronics products or mobile devices
• Strong shell and Python scripting skills
• Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules
• Highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Strong interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening, and customer relationships
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top