Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Interested in Amazon Alexa? Come work on it. We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
We are looking for an individual with a passion for writing clean, efficient and testable code. This person will work on projects with a huge impact and visibility at Alexa and Amazon. Their work will be multi-dimensional, helping solve complex problems across Alexa and driving operational excellence throughout Amazon.
• Evaluate product functionality and create tools/infrastructure that work at Amazon scale.
• Produce system design documentation to solve complex problems.
• Mentor and develop junior engineers.
• Integrate with deployment infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• Experience in designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming with a modern language such as Java or C#
• Experience using a modern frontend library such as Angular, React or Vue
• Experience with docker
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
• Experience working with AWS technologies such as S3, DynamoDB, Aurora and AWS Lambda
• Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed tool sets
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top