Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Would you like to be part of a team that is solving new business challenges through innovative technology?
The Team: Physical store technology teams support solutions for Amazon's brick and mortar stores including Books, 4-Star and Go. An an example, Amazon Books store offers a curated selection of books and an array of Amazon devices. It is a magical experience that combines the best parts of a neighborhood bookstore with Amazon.com's low prices and the expertise of passionate, knowledgeable staff who tailor their approach to the unique needs of each customer. While we use existing Amazon systems when possible, you'll be working on challenging problems that need innovative solutions specifically for all Amazon's brick and mortar store formats.
The ideal candidate is excited by technology, passionate about learning and should view every customer interaction as an opportunity to create an exceptional customer experience. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, excited to work in a "green field", wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that is more startup than big company.
The Role: As a Software Development Engineer in Physical Store Tech, you will work in a team of talented engineers to build low-latency solutions middle tier (Java, Spring) and backend (non-relational databases and other AWS services) solutions, as well as identify and evaluate new technology options for the challenges we are trying to solve for our point of sale systems. We are looking for a smart engineer who can effectively deal with ambiguity and work independently to clarify requirements, build prototypes and deliver results quickly. Come join a team in which builders build software and delight customers! You will learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Passion and established experience for full stack software development
• Ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable
• Expertise in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and complexity analysis
• Thorough understanding of service oriented architecture, distributed systems
• Familiarity with one or more of: Ruby/Python/Perl or another scripting language
• Familiarity with Windows .Net development
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams
• Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
• Obsession with quality and customer experience
• Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues at various levels of the organization
• Self-directed nature, entrepreneurship spirit and flexibility to wear many hats
• Working knowledge of UNIX systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top