Did you ever have a situation where you were shown an embarrassing content when you were sharing a screen with your parent or child ? Do you want to be part of the solution that Amazon is working on to make sure you or millions of Amazon customer never face this ? Do you want to be part of the team that is responsible for the Amazon Advertisement experience to its world wide customers ?
If you are wondering, then welcome to
Self-Service Performance Advertising (SSPA) Platform
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The MARS (Moderation and Relevance) team is based in Bangalore and is responsible for ensuring that ads are relevant and is of good quality, leading to higher conversion for the sellers and providing a great experience for the customers.We deal with one of the world's largest product catalog, handle billions of requests a day with plans to grow it by order of magnitude and use automated systems to validate tens of millions of offers submitted by thousands of merchants in multiple countries and languages.
As a Software Development Engineer in the signal engineering team you will build engineering and machine learning systems to detect ads that are not meeting amazon advertising policy. You will also build tools and infrastructure that will be used by the applied science team and the operations teams to quickly experiment with and build new models and rules. You will get to use latest distributed systems and big data technologies such as AWS Lambda, SQS, Apache Spark, and EMR.
As an experienced member of the team, in this role, you will:
• Research, design and code, troubleshoot and support. What you create is also what you own.
• Own systems end-to-end including requirements clarification, design, implementation and roll-out to customers.
• Improve the team's development processes and thereby increase developer productivity.
• Coach junior members of the team, and actively participate in code and design reviews.
• Contribute to evolving the technical direction of MARS and play a critical role their design and development
• Bachelors (BS/BE) in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years of experience in a full stack product life-cycles including developing of UX and backend services.
• Top notch coding skills in Java and/or C++
• Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability
• Strong sense of ownership and drive
• Sharp problem solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
• Ability to learn new technologies and systems Preferred Qualifications
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Advanced Degree (MS/ME/PhD) in computer science or related discipline
• Experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop and HDFS
• Familiarity with Machine Learning and its applications.
• Familiarity with modern UI frameworks such as React.