Does the challenge of working on the bleeding edge of technology, building software and systems at AWS scale, and having global impact excite you?
Are you looking for an opportunity to be based remotely yet team up with some of the best and brightest engineers, learn new skills and accelerate your career with one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies?
Come and talk to us!
With Networking & Infra teams at AWS, you'll develop software that's removing the need for human intervention by performing millions of daily operations across a multitude of regions across the globe.
You'll join a team that's instrumental in driving the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and discovering innovative ways to automate and scale services as we continue to expand.
We are building software to simplify the internet and control traffic, automate network remediation and deployment, improve performance for customers, answer queries about the safety of network actions and automatically detect anomalies using scientific intelligence, and roll out new software to the fleet of network devices with minimum human interaction.
You'll join a group that owns a product and iterates fast to continuously improve. A group that ships positivity within the team to create a happy and respectful work environment, and values self investment as a core part of their success.
- Develop best in class software systems for automating Amazon's network
- Provide technical direction to the team and identify areas of focus
- Create and review software design documentation and mentor junior engineers
- Collaborate with the Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products
- Operate the software you're putting into production
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc
- Collaborate with the Network Engineering and Operations teams to automate and invent new ways of operating Amazon's Next-Generation Network
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and object-oriented software design in Linux/Unix environments
- Proficiency with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python, Java, Typescript, Scala, Golang, C++ or C#
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Track record of designing and building complex software systems and successfully delivering them to customers
- Exposure to architecting and designing large-scale distributed systems (e.g. SQL/NoSQL, scalability and fault-tolerance)
- Experience communicating with peers, technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements & describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior engineers to improve their skills, efficiency and productivity, and influencing systems engineering practices within the team
- Interest in the general Internet peering/transit ecosystem or exposure to a networking environment