Are you interested in building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way databases are built for the cloud ? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
Amazon Aurora is a MySQL-compatible, relational database engine that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. It provides up to five times better performance than MySQL at a price point one tenth that of a commercial database while delivering similar performance and availability.
Amazon Aurora Engine team is looking for experienced technical experts in relational databases and large scale storage system technologies, who are excited about building large scale database systems that run across thousands of servers across multiple datacenters worldwide. These are core systems development positions where you will own the design and development of significant system software components critical to our industry leading database services architected for the cloud.
We are looking for experienced technical experts to help deliver industry leading next generation database services architected for the cloud. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed database systems that provide availability, reliability and performance guarantees. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid components to mentoring other engineers. You need to not only be a top software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Database engine internals (storage): indexing, access methods, locking, logging, caching, transaction processing, replication, backup restore, buffer management
• Database engine internals (query processing): query compilation, optimization, execution, parallel execution
• Distributed systems: consensus-based quorum replication, NoSQL system implementation
• Candidates with strong backgrounds in file and storage systems, compilers, operating systems, networking, etc.are also encouraged to apply.
• OS internals.
• Low level performance and tuning.
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
• Strong mentoring and technical leadership skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.