Software Development Engineer
- Dallas, TX
Are you interested in building a knowledge management (KM) platform that helps the AWS sales organization to serve their customers?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Worldwide Enablement, Training, & Communications (WWETC) team seeks an experienced Software Development Engineer to help us build KM platform for our worldwide field organization. This is an exciting opportunity to innovate and reimagine how we share knowledge with our field employees and enable greater levels of seller productivity in a way that scales with the unprecedented growth of our business.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Position may also be based in Seattle,WA; Arlington, VA; or Boston, MA.
• 4+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer;
• 4+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as C#, Java, Python, or C++ including object-oriented design
• 2+ years development experience on SharePoint
• Strong practical understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• BA/BS in Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field or equivalent experience.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
• 6+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer;
• Experience building and leading complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers;
• Experience developing on Windows/Unix/Linux
• Knowledge on AWS Services
• Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
Back to top