Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The Team: We are expanding our team to support Amazon Physical Retail stores (such as Amazon Go, Amazon Books, Amazon 4-star, Whole Food Market, etc...) . The Amazon Physical Retail Associate Experience team's charter is to build the applications, tools and services that enable our associates to launch, operate and optimize the stores, using a wide variety of devices such as mobile handheld devices, point-of-sale stations, demo devices, etc...You will be designing and building tools and automation for inventory management, supply chain optimization, labor and capacity tracking, customer assistance, etc... You will use technology to solve complex problems and revolutionize physical retail and the overall shopping experience for our customers.
In this role:
You will encounter challenging, novel situations every day and work on them in touch with multiple technical teams across Amazon in different locations. You'll need to be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving challenging problems. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 2+ years of experience in software development.
• Expertise in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis. The ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrated ability to drive a complex project from design to delivery
• Experience in communicating with business teams, other development teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Self-directed nature, entrepreneurship spirit and flexibility to wear many hats.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Thorough understanding of service oriented architecture, distributed systems, workflow management.
• Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
• Experience in web security, accessibility and internationalization
• Obsession with quality and customer experience.
Back to top