Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The team develops and supports systems and processes that make planning, manufacturing, launching and supporting our devices as efficient and frictionless as possible. We are growing and looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to help build our Supply Chain and Operations platform. We own and build platforms to support everything from Supply Planning, Materials Management, Product Lifecycle Management to Device Costing. Come join the team that helps Amazon invent and innovate the Amazon Devices Supply chain and work with the best and the brightest in the industry!
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high-volume applications. You will have an opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. You will be working cross-functionally with Operations & Engineering groups to develop systems that support cutting edge products developed by Amazon. The candidate has to be driven and be able to handle multiple projects with ease.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field, or equivalent software experience.
- 1+ years of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data strcutures, and algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 1+ years of experience in at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Experience working in Java, REST, Ruby, Spring, Python/Perl, SQL, AngularJS or similar web frameworks
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top