Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate, build and break things for the benefit of our customers. That intense focus on customers is why we are one of the world's most beloved brands - it's part of our company DNA.
Our challenges are big - impacting millions of customers, sellers and developers, and countless products - and our path is not always easy. Doing the right thing rarely is. So we're selective about who joins us on this journey. There's a certain kind of person who takes on the challenges of software development at Amazon - someone excited by the idea of owning; people who like to build new platforms, features and services from scratch, developers who can manage the ambiguity and pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years.
Amazon is a place where builders build.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top