WHAT? A wave of innovation is bringing sweeping changes to networking technology. Virtualization, unimaginable scale, hardware commoditization, and automation are revolutionizing network software.
WHERE? At Amazon we push the boundaries in robustness, fault-tolerance and smart adaptive algorithms that can react intelligently to real-world events. Software engineers on our team contribute to every phase of the development process and deploy scalable software systems worldwide.
WHY THERE? Amazon Web Services (AWS) runs one of the biggest networks in the world. We leverage big data technologies and deep network analytics software to drive network automation, performance, and reliability.
WHY CARE? Make history as a software developer at AWS Networking. We develop software at every level of the stack from front-end user interfaces to low-level embedded software and everything in between. We are a highly motivated, co-operative, and fun loving team of software developers who thrive on solving challenging problems and building large-scale distributed software systems.
Inclusive Team Culture Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work/Life Balance Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
Visit www.amazon.jobs for more information.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 5+ years of experience in building production software applications with focus on efficient back-end components is required.
• A solid understanding of performance and efficiency issues.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• A strong customer orientation.
• A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent).
• Software development skills, preferably in Java, C/C++, Ruby and/or Perl in Linux environment.
• Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols.
• A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
• Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.