Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
WHAT? A wave of innovation is bringing sweeping changes to networking technology. Virtualization, unimaginable scale, hardware commoditization, and automation are revolutionizing network software.
WHERE? At Amazon we push the boundaries in robustness, fault-tolerance and smart adaptive algorithms that can react intelligently to real-world events. Software engineers on our team contribute to every phase of the development process and deploy scalable software systems worldwide.
WHY THERE? Amazon Web Services (AWS) runs one of the biggest networks in the world. We leverage big data technologies and deep network analytics software to drive network automation, performance, and reliability.
WHY CARE? Make history as a software developer at AWS Networking. We develop software at every level of the stack from front-end user interfaces to low-level embedded software and everything in between. We are a highly motivated, co-operative, and fun loving team of software developers who thrive on solving challenging problems and building large-scale distributed software systems.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
Visit www.amazon.jobs for more information.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 5+ years of experience in building production software applications with focus on efficient back-end components is required.
• A solid understanding of performance and efficiency issues.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• A strong customer orientation.
• A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent).
• Software development skills, preferably in Java, C/C++, Ruby and/or Perl in Linux environment.
• Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols.
• A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
• Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Back to top