Looking to be part of a team building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage vast volumes of data in the cloud where you have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
Aurora is a distributed, fault-tolerant database service, leveraging a self-healing storage system that auto-scales up to 64TB, it performs up to five times faster than standard MySQL databases and three times faster than standard PostgreSQL databases.
Aurora is one of the fastest-growing AWS services, with business and engineering decisions having a widespread impact across many of the world's fastest growing businesses! Our customers depend on the performance of our services to scale and support their mission-critical workloads.
Operating much like a start-up, we have a very flat organizational structure and a casual office vibe, but leverage all the resources and stability of being the largest cloud provider.
The Amazon Aurora Platform team focuses on building scalable services and tools to support the rapid growth of Aurora. As an Engineer on the team you will design and implement services and intelligent tooling to allow Amazon Aurora to scale faster, with emphasis on safety, deployment velocity and operational effectiveness.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers who have built a lot of software shipped products and created platforms, tools and modules. You should be passionate about optimizing the software development experience at a very large scale, using your strong technical skills and motivation to achieve results. You are naturally enthusiastic about learning new technologies and industry trends and are excited by the idea of solving hard technical challenges!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 10+ year's overall development experience and 7+ year's enterprise software experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent - Masters in CS preferred.
• Advanced coding skills in C or C++, preferably on a Linux/Unix platform.
• Multi-threaded programming experience.
• Strong grasp of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems.
• Distributed computing and large-scale systems, taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Exposure to large-scale distributed storage and database systems (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Graph Databases)
• Have mentored software engineers to help improve their skills, efficiency and productivity.
• Delivered software in an environment that utilises Agile methodologies like SCRUM or Kanban.
• Hand on experience with AWS services such as RDS, EC2, Dynamo DB, CloudWatch.
• Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.