Software Development Engineer
Are you interested in building the next generation Supply Chain Management (SCM) systems that power the AWS cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way we forecast and fulfill the gear that forms the foundation of AWS? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers who use AWS every day?
The SCM Optimization team is responsible for building the systems that globally forecast demand for our hyper-growth cloud and automate the orchestration required to identify the optimal supplier, order the raw materials, and track the shipments and the hand off to installers until the finished product is ultimately ready for customer facing consumption. The team is responsible for billions of dollars in capital and the ultimate success of our core cloud business.
We are looking for experienced engineers who are excited about building industry leading, next generation SCM systems for the AWS cloud on the AWS cloud. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and latency guarantees. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid software components to mentoring other engineers. You need to not only be a top software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape the cloud ERP and SCM technology, product and business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
- 5+ year's overall development experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent - Masters in CS preferred.
- Advanced development skills in Java or C/C++, preferably on a Linux/Unix platform.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, state machines and distributed systems.
- Supply Chain Management domain experience.
- Candidates with strong backgrounds in demand forecasting.
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
- Strong mentoring and technical leadership skills.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top