Software Development Engineer
- Nashville, TN
Do you thrive in solving ambiguous problems? Do you love to invent and simplify? Do you want to grow your skills and help us protect earth's largest catalog from fraud? If so, the Customer Trust and Partner support team is looking for people just like you! We are the vanguard of abuse and fraud prevention within Amazon and are constantly innovating to protect our customers from bad actors. This includes providing mechanisms for protecting Brand Identity as well as deterring new and sophisticated forms of abuse. Our vision is to create a trustworthy shopping experience for the Customer at Amazon.
The Brand Protection team is a key team within Amazon's Customer Trust and Partner support organization and avails Brand provided information as well as data gleaned from Seller/Customer behavior to determine potentially infringing products. On average, our systems thwart millions of attempts to abuse the catalog on a daily basis. Our team works with closely with our Brand partners to protect their identity and eliminate counterfeits from Amazon, globally.
You will be joining a team of highly motivated, incredibly talented individuals building state of the art, innovative solutions around fraud detection in the Amazon catalog. With us, you will be building highly distributed, cutting-edge applications and services to detect IP and trademark infringements on the catalog in near realtime. You will be part of a team creating history building low latency, high throughput systems to safeguard the Amazon catalog from fraud and deliver a superior, unsurpassed shopping experience for our customers.
In this role, you will:
• Design and develop cutting edge, highly reliable and scalable distributed systems that use a combination of heuristic and machine learned insights.
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Deliver quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Drive best practices and engineering excellence
• Mentor other engineers
• Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with the team in bringing in new technologies
• Candidate must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms and data structures
• At least 1+ year of experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl.
• Strong analytical skills.
• 3+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
• Must be a self-starter and motivated.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top