Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system - Amazon Scout - designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along at a walking pace.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to delight customers.
We are a newly established innovative Development Center in Tübingen, Germany which focuses on AI research in diverse application fields at Amazon. If you get excited by the prospect of dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, working in a startup like environment and if you want to come to one of the most exciting places of the world for researching Intelligent Systems, then we have the perfect role for you. We have several open positions for different levels of experience and this is what we are looking for in the field of Software Development:
1. Basic Qualifications
- Master in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or any other field with strong quantitative focus
- Excellent coding skills in two or more programming languages such as Python, C/C++
- Experience in algorithms, data structures, and problems of computation complexity of large scale problems
- Openness for discussing scientific ideas behind the algorithms
- Work on large-scale datasets, focusing on creating scalable and accurate systems for real-time applications
- Collaborate closely with team members on developing systems from prototyping to production level
- Collaborate with teams spread all over the world
- Collaborate with inter-disciplinary team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
1. Preferred Qualifications
- PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or any other field with strong quantitative focus
- Background in Computer Vision, Machine Learning
Back to top