Software Development Engineer
- Herndon, VA
AWS Cryptography services enable customers to identify resources and establish secure network connections with other cloud and on-premises resources. Our services help customers create, manage, and deploy digital certificates based on strong cryptography and security best practices. Customers can move sensitive workloads to the cloud where they can benefit from strong identity and security controls that help meet internal and external compliance requirements.
We are looking for an innovative software development engineer with an interest in information security, identity, certificates, and public key infrastructure (PKI), to build scalable, operationally excellent systems. This is an opportunity to join a new AWS service team, gain top-notch experience in cloud computing, and help bring new disruptive solutions to market at massive scale.
Our mission is to turn traditionally painful interactions into effortless and automated experiences. We work in an exciting environment where our motto is "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." We do not desire to simply produce good solutions here at AWS... we want to produce disruptive, history-changing innovations. As a Software Development Engineer, your responsibilities include:
• Working as part of cross-function teams to develop secure solutions for our customers.
• Owning the definition of best practices for the software development lifecycle used by junior engineers, including its design, implementation, testing, and operational characteristics.
• Owning the technology stack for one of the most secure and reliable services in all of AWS.
• Mentoring other Amazonians.
• Reinforcing and extending Amazon Leadership Principles across AWS and Amazon as the foundation of our unique, inclusive, innovative culture
• Own all operational metrics and support for your team's software
• Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
• Experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Demonstrated experience building and maintaining software libraries, large scale web services, or service oriented architectures
• Master's Degree or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with agile software development methodologies.
• Strong and creative problem solving abilities
• Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations.
• Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security
• Experience working with cryptographic systems such as Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) or key management systems such as Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top