Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to work for a manager who cares about you as a person and who will provide both positive and candid feedback to help you develop career skills? Do you, in turn, want to help the team responsible for managing Amazon's global workforce data which impacts more than a million workers and operational aspects of our business?
Interested in working with the latest technology in the cloud computing space to impact millions of people? The Amazon People Engine team is building cutting edge solutions to revolutionize the way we think about Human Resources. Our mission is clear: We seek to be the most technically proficient HR organization in the world.
Join us in building innovative technology products using Amazon Web Services to meet the complex and unique demands of managing more than 840,000 employees globally and hiring more than 100,000 employees in four weeks. We dive deep to insist on the highest standards in architecture, coding, testing, deploying and maintaining every aspect of our offerings.
If you're thrilled by the idea of ownership, passionate about creating new features and services from scratch, and comfortable with the pace of shipping software in cycles measured in weeks, we would love to connect with you. We are looking for developers with strong computer science fundamentals and experience designing and building scalable, complex solutions across distributed systems in an agile environment.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• 7+ years of software development experience.
• Software development experience in JSP, Spring, AWS, S3, SQS, large-scale web services, and highly scalable applications.
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Proven results and a history of project delivery working with Agile engineering practices.
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems.
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complex analysis.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in communicating with customers, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top