Amazon needs a rockstar software engineer to join the Amazon Devices development team in Seattle, WA. We materially impact Amazon's device businesses by forecasting demand and managing supply of all Amazon Devices using ML, big data and deep learning.
We are a growing team continues to operate in "startup" mode to prove new business ideas, while strengthening our core ML platforms.
You're a curious engineer looking for a career where you'll be able to innovate, to deliver, and to influence. You are passionate about start-up opportunities, where you succeed by fearlessly testing new ideas and rapidly iterating on technical solutions. You are excited about delivering high-quality software products and services at scale. You are a coding ninja with expertise in programming, in-depth knowledge of web protocols (HTTP/XML/REST) and distributed system architectures based on SOA.
About us together:
We will work together on defining and building features in multiple core services and user applications. You will work with SDE-IIs and Sr. SDEs to drive system architecture and establish sound software development practices. You will be writing code, participating in code reviews and creating documentation. We will dive deep into customer contributed data and system operational metrics identifying areas of improvement. We'll make tough decisions together, but we'll all understand why.
Some technologies and problem spaces we'll be working on:
Scalability We will leverage Amazon's infrastructure to build systems and design algorithms that are able to handle these large amounts of data. Where traditional solutions fail we develop approximate, distributed, and streaming algorithms.
If you are the kind of engineer who is thrilled to solve hard technical problems building highly valuable applications that manage the business for our customers.
It's an exciting time for at Amazon and especially within our team. We are rebuilding our systems from the ground up. If you want to design, develop and implement systems at scale now and are looking for a challenge, now is a great time to talk to us!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ years of industry experience.
• 3+ years of experience with at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java or C++.
• 3+ years working in computer science with data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• 2+ years leading and mentoring other development team members
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of industry experience building feature rich user facing applications and distributed systems for commercial online services
• 2+ years of experience in data analytics, machine learning, or natural language processing
• Sharp analytical abilities, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Passion for innovation and learning.
• 2+ years as a technical lead, team lead, functional lead or mentoring developing junior employees
• 1+ years of experience communicating with non-technical team members or stakeholders
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us