Software Development Engineer
- Austin, TX
Amazon's Advertising Technology team builds the technology infrastructure and ad serving systems to manage billions of advertising queries every day. The result is better quality advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for customers. In this organization you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading companies.
Amazon Publisher Services (APS) helps publishers of all sizes and on all channels better monetize their content through effective advertising. APS unites publishers with advertisers across devices and media channels. We work with Amazon teams across the globe to solve complex problems for our customers. The end results are Amazon products that let publishers focus on what they do best - publishing.
The Advanced TV team is responsible for building cloud-based advertising technology services that help broadcasters grow their business. Our Advanced TV engineering team focuses on unlocking our ad tech on the most impactful devices in the home, bringing real-time capabilities to this medium for the first time. The full stack engineer will create simple and elegant user experiences for OTT broadcaster publishers, in collaboration with Solutions Architects, Product Managers, and other Software Engineers on the Advanced TV OTT team.
The full stack engineer will also help architect and provide guidance on building End-to-End system optimized for speed and scale. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with cross-functional software development teams, and engineering teams to solve problems and deliver successfully against high operational standards of system availability and reliability. We look for engineers who are excellent communicators, self-motivated, flexible, hardworking, and who like to move fast.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
• 5+ years software development experience in Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design and Databases.
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
• Able to distill problem definitions and constraints from informal business requirements, and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
• Prior Ad tech experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top