You'll be building cutting edge and highly distributed systems to support merchants around the world selling on Amazon in mobile and desktop experiences. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building the next generation of a order and inventory experience for 3rd party merchants. Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with about one-third of all items currently sold originating from 3rd party merchants.
This Sr. Software Development position is for Seller Fulfillment Services Order / Inventory platform group, where innovation and latest technologies merge to build brand new features and capabilities for sellers and end customers.
If you are a sharp software engineer with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, a solid computer science foundation and the desire to be a contributor to Amazon's next generation technology, we want to talk with you. Come be part of the team redefining how best to sell on the Internet!
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience designing and building scalable systems
• Experience driving and delivering to customers large projects with other Software Engineers.
• Computer Science fundamentals and practical experience in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals and practical experience in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals and practical experience in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C# or C++
• MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 7+ years of progressively responsible work experience
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems
• Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
• Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation