Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is seeking experienced professionals interested in infusing customer obsession into the way products are bought, sold, and distributed on a global scale. Qualified candidates will bring their technical expertise and have the ability to directly impact the building of new tools, services, and distribution structures across Amazon's growing footprint. The products and capabilities enabled by this role will deliver unprecedented selection while innovating beyond established supply chain norms. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with interactions across a wide variety of e-commerce topics, and will demonstrate competence in multiple fields and skill sets.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in this challenging domain of cross-border compliance while working with talented and passionate software developers, this might be the role for you. We are looking for highly talented software development engineers who are passionate not only about architecting and developing large scale distributed technology solutions but also innovating new ideas and providing directions to our business in the domain of imports and exports logistics. We have many key initiatives lined-up to support our rapid evolution and growth of cross-border compliance by solving some of the most challenging problems in this domain.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering software and automated solutions to enable trade and product compliance for Amazon's growing footprint. In this role, you will have an opportunity to own, , and develop large-scale software services and data management systems. You will have influence on subsystem and help build a team culture around practices that are critical to a quality product. You will be using the latest AWS and industry technologies to deliver a one-stop authoritative compliance ecosystem for Amazon. You will collaborate with leaders of partner teams developing our social responsibility and packaging optimization systems.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Work with other team members to investigate approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Write high quality distributed software.
• Perform development and maintenance of key features.
• Drive best practices and engineering excellence.
• Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against schedules.
• Establish architectural principles, selecting patterns and mentoring team members on their appropriate application.
Software Development Engineers will be responsible for , development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field.
• Understanding of areas in the basic areas of such as Algorithms, Data Structures, , Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an language - preferably in in a Linux environment.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• MS in or equivalent industry experience
• Experience communicating directly with stakeholders, technical teams, and leadership.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Exposure to /deep projects.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Deep knowledge of distributed systems, asynchronous architectures.
• Good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation, such as an ASL interpreter or a different interview format, let us know.
Applying for a customer service or fulfillment center job and need an accommodation? Contact us through the Amazon Delivers Contact Us webpage.
Applying for a job outside of customer service, delivery or fulfillment and need an accommodation? Call us at 866-437-9078. Please provide your full name, the best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top