Software Development Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
At Amazon we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Towards this, Amazon Global Logistics (AGL) is working to enable the largest selection of inventory on earth for our customers. AGL vision is to build Amazon's global logistics pipeline for any supplier to supply to any location in the world. AGL offers intercontinental logistics services to selling partners to enable them to move their product from an origin country to Amazon fulfillment centers. AGL is also responsible for exports from fulfillment centers to other countries outside of the fulfillment network. AGL enables global expansion for the selling partners with the highest standard of quality, accountability, and transparency.
AGL team is building cross border logistics solutions which eliminate borders between buyers and sellers. These solutions enable the third-party sellers to import or export their products across borders, thereby expand their business into new markets and get access to the customers around the world. Amazon is driving this multi-year vision to create new logistical benchmarks and "firsts" through disruptive innovation.
We are looking for highly technical, passionate, self-motivated and talented Software Development Engineers who love solving tough and challenging problems. As a Software Development Engineer, You would build complex architecture that would offer thousands of sellers to ship millions of packages over domestic freight, international freight (Air, Ocean) to bring selection closer to the customers across the world. You would be solving complex problems for Sellers, Shippers and Trade agents around International Shipment Management, Customs Compliance, Shipment Tracking, Seller & Shipper Identity, Financial Automation, Small Parcel Consolidation/De-consolidation with a strong focus on offering a cost effective, reliable and high-quality solution for international shipping. You will be working on wide-ranging business functions and technology stacks that need in-depth knowledge. You will be part of a dynamic group of engineers where flexibility, teamwork, and creative thinking are highly valued. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote sites around the world will make you successful in this role. If you are excited by the opportunity to work with a high performing engineering team in the design and development of this AGL solution, this is the right career move for you! We operate as a startup within Amazon, providing great flexibility in product and technology direction. Do you want to be part of our innovative team?
• B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech degree in computer science or related fields, or equivalent experience, is required.
• 6+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Writing best quality code, following engineering best practices, doing effective code reviews and coaching the team to follow highest standards in developing solutions.
• Strong customer obsession and ownership to independently drive projects and deliver results.
• Experience in building micro services, distributed systems and architecture
• Experience building reliable, scalable, secured and complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work with stake holders and partner teams
Back to top