Software Development Engineer
- Auckland, New Zealand
About the team...
Preserving Trust in Amazon with every customer, every transaction, every second is our mission. We do this by identifying and removing bad actors from the platform, while supporting a best-in-class customer experience. Amazon has hundreds of millions of customers, sellers, and developers all over the world that rely on Amazon products and services. Our success comes from preventing bad actors from abusing these products and undermining the trust customers have in them. We are handling massive scale. Amazon is one of a kind in the number of customers served, transactions processed, and products handled.
About the role...
We're looking for a software engineer with an interest in fraud prevention to help outwit the bad actors without impacting customer experience. We use the most recent advances in machine learning and data collection to make real-time decisions to eliminate payment fraud at Amazon scale.
About the candidate...
The ideal candidate for our team is passionate about creative solutions to our technical problems. You have technical curiosity, drive for results, but at the same time you embody ownership at the business level and contribute to product development.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Understanding of CI/CD and Agile software engineering practices
• Background in support for large scale application implementations.
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience mentoring software engineers
• Strong sense of ownership and drive
• Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
• Comfortable working across multiple teams and organizations
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top