Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Identity Services owns the systems that enable authenticating and identifying every Amazon customer in the world. Every aspect of the Amazon global business depends on our systems to know who the customer is, and if our systems are not up and running, the company stops. We balance keeping our systems fast, scalable and performant (no exceptions!) with rapidly delivering great features for Amazon customers and our developer partners. In short, we get to own and innovate on a critical customer experience while also supporting nearly every other business at the company; the best of both worlds!
We are looking for developers who are passionate about building secure and intuitive customer experiences and who love the challenge of building performant and robust systems at scale. Come join our team of developers, experts in building and supporting large scale Java services used by the millions of customers logging into their accounts every minute.
• Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
• Responsible for portions of the systems architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
• Lead software developers in design, implementation and operations
• Be very hands-on, participate in designs, reviews and develop code
• Real-time operational support of the team's functional areas
• Maintain current technical knowledge to advance thought leadership and technology breakthroughs
• Must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities
• Works well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience mentoring a small group of peers and junior engineers
• Passion for adoption of best practices and tools to improve code quality and operations
. General understanding of security
Back to top