Software Development Engineer
- Nashville, TN
Operations Technology IT
We develop and deliver technology that supports Amazon Operations at worldwide scope and scale that is unparalleled. We are forming a new team focused on providing advanced image solutions that leverage both automated and semi-automated Computer Vision (CV) and Machine Learning (ML) processing techniques to provide enhanced safety, productivity, and quality controls throughout Amazon's global operation sites. We will be automating image capture and analysis, large data set handling, using convolutional neural networks (CNNs) for classification and segmentation of images, spatial recognition of objects/distance/velocity relationships, real time and near-term operational feedback loops and large-scale process automation. See Amazon's recently open sourced Distance Assistant as a good example of our work.
What You'll Do
As a results-driven Software Development Engineer, you'll bring a combination of solid coding skills, an aptitude to learn and apply cutting edge technologies at scale, and a willingness to challenge the status quo and raise the bar on every service and feature we build. You'll have the opportunity to demonstrate your passion for building secure, scalable, well-designed software services, and strive to constantly improve our technical foundation and user experience. You'll collaborate with cross-functional team members, including applied scientists to build machine learning models and operations specialists to create new solutions to challenging and meaningful problems around the world.
• 4+ years of professional experience in software development
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience in OO programming languages such as C++, Java or C#
• UNIX or Linux experience
• Experience with scaling and performance of large systems
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Background in distributed computing, service-oriented architectures and enterprise-wide systems.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
• Full stack experience ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Experience in taking an ambiguous problem, breaking it down into tractable sub-problems and delivering them.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skill
• Obsession with quality and customer experience - attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top