Come change the way the world sees the Cloud!
We are looking for software development engineers that are passionate about building distributed systems, observability solutions (granular insights into metrics, logs, distributed traces, and alerting), and rich data visualization providing interactive data exploration across a large volume of data sources generating metrics, logs, and traces. AWS has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a typical day, our software development engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, release the latest new feature, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to building and operating at scale. You'll be surrounded by people who are incredibly smart, passionate about observability, and believe that we are only scratching the surface of what AWS can really do to help developers, SREs, and business owners everywhere.
This is a unique opportunity to build a new AWS service from the ground up to a successful launch.
In this role, you will be positioning AWS as a thought leader in related open source projects by collaborating and influencing the open source community and contributing to open source projects.
You will be responsible to design, build, and scale a globally available AWS service that is business critical and in the forefront of our customer success.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
One or more of the following are preferred:
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Depth in data structures and algorithms, especially those dealing with concurrency or scaling
• Experience as an open source contributor or maintainer of a popular open source project.
• Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
• Experience with CNCF projects such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, and Jaeger.
• Experience coding in Go and/or Typescript.
• Familiarity with internet security, SSO, IAM, RBAC.
• Experience with high scale data stores and caching strategies.