Software Development Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working and talented Senior Software Development Engineer for the Amazon Echo team who has experience building innovative, mission critical software features. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products. In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for the development and maintenance of key features for Amazon Echo
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
• Assist with Architecture and Design of new and current systems
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• 3+ years of experience in software development in Java or C++
• 3+ years of experience writing unit tests to deliver software that scales
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• A proven track record of seeking out and resolving system performance issues involving memory, disk, and CPU
• Experience working with media streaming frameworks and media formats
• Experience with embedded Linux devices
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
• Experience building complex, multi-threaded system software that has been successfully delivered
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top