Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in building the next generation, cloud-based commerce system that's used by millions of customers worldwide? Are you excited by the idea of building real-time stream processing systems that operate at Petabyte scale? Do you want to make an impact at a $10-billion-a-year business? Then we need to talk!
Computing AWS bills, at its core, is a challenging, distributed systems problem that requires calculations performed over trillions of usage records, millions of accounts, and hundreds of thousands of different rates. Furthermore, our applications must meet strict requirements for accuracy and once-and-only-once processing.
As a software developer, you have the opportunity to develop a federated billing system that supports new pricing models using cutting edge technologies like Kinesis, DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, and more. Additionally, you will build meaningful software that helps AWS to bring our largest customers over to the Cloud. And finally, as an Amazon engineer, you get to own the full lifecycle of your systems, work on challenging problems at "Amazon Scale", and collaborate with high-performance technical teammates and having fun doing it.
If all of this sounds exciting to you, then please come join us and help shape the future of the Cloud.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
• Proficiency with object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
• Ability to take a project from requirements analysis through to launch and operation of the system in production.
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services.
• Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
• Working knowledge of NoSQL databases.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top