Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Business team is seeking Software Development Engineering leader who wants to disrupt the way businesses purchase their supplies on Amazon.com. Amazon Business launched in 2015 and reached it's first $1B in its first year, and $10B in 2018.
We are focused on building solutions that enable our business customers enjoy business relevant selection (products and services), with the convenience we offer to our customers today across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Similar to Amazon.com we aspire to be the preferred choice for all types of business (Sole proprietors, small businesses, schools, universities, hospitals, government, enterprises (and everything else). The needs of these business customers are different from those of the traditional Amazon customer, so we are reinventing everything from how we offer our selection, pricing, customer experience and offer unparalleled customer support. We have the opportunity to disrupt how businesses buy in this modern age. The path to crack this opportunity will be incredibly hard and challenging - are you up for the challenge? We need dynamic individuals like you to tap into the next big opportunity for Amazon.
Following the two-pizza-team paradigm, our team owns the full life cycle of our product. You'll own, not only the pure development tasks, but will also be expected to contribute to the roadmap building, mapping business requirements, tracking metrics, test/deploy&support your own software.
You'll lead a dynamic team, with strong ownership of what we develop and responsible for coaching, mentoring and career development . The team will hold you for the highest standards as we all feel strongly about the product we develop. Our systems are all in Full Continuous Deployment, each member is expected to contribute with the necessary unit tests and functional tests, each member is expected to contribute to the support and operational tasks.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Self motivated. We are a fast moving team with strong ownership and high standards, and are looking for enthusiastic people that feel passionate about building strong products for our customers.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Hands-on development background in C/C++ and/or Java on a Unix/Linux platform. (Scala would be a plus!)
• Experience with developing APIs, Gateways, API Authentication & Authorization and Security frameworks
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Experience as a development manager
• English is a must. Our team is international and English is the day-to-day language.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• You must be obsessed with addressing customer needs
Back to top