What are the kind of problems that get you out of bed in the morning? In Amazon People Technology, it's using modern technologies to solve complex human problems at scale. We deliver an engaging, intuitive, personalized experiences that empower employees to quickly take control of their work life anytime, anywhere.
The Flexible Work team is seeking software engineers who like solving hard problems and excel in turning big ideas into practical solutions. Our goal is to support individuals at any stage of their employment relationship with Amazon current, former, or potential with tools and services allowing them to manage their schedules, grow their careers, and allow employees to answer the question, "What's next for me here at Amazon?" If you want interesting, unsolved problems that will take you beyond your technical abilities then People Tech is the place for you.
This opportunity is best if you are a highly motivated and talented developer who wants to apply what you already know and grow your technical depth and breadth. Come join a small nimble team of builders working in a fun space. As a software development engineer in People Tech, you will have the opportunity to be agile, learn and use AWS and Amazon technologies from all over the company, and build amazing products at the heart of Amazon's value proposition to its employees to make life better for hundreds of thousands of fellow Amazonians.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms
• Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
• Ability to collaborate with multiple external dependent teams to design complex solutions
• Attention to details coupled with ability to think abstractly
• Experience innovating software solutions with new technology