Software Development Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
About the Position
Twitch enables content creators to live-stream content to their communities across the globe. Advertising is a core part of Twitch's business model, and spans across many product areas. We take pride in our mission to help creators earn a living by entertaining and educating their viewers. On the Advertising team you'll work with a passionate, and customer obsessed team. We have a growing team comprised of product and engineering professionals based in the Twitch HQ at downtown SF.
Twitch is looking for backend and full stack engineers with the curiosity and creativity to develop user experiences, services and APIs that grow the advertising and promotion business. These systems give creators opportunities to make money, the data they need to do this well.
The ideal contributor has experience building and delivering high-quality production, UXs and web services in a distributed systems environment.
As the leader in this space, Twitch has a unique opportunity to invent what advertising as a product means in a live-streaming context. Our products include creative real-time experiences specific to Twitch. If you're excited about having an outsize impact in an area that's ripe for innovation, come work with us!
• Develop new product services and features on web platforms
• Scale and improve existing APIs and services used to power the Twitch advertising platform
• Improve engineering processes to increase team effectiveness
• Work across teams and organizations to provide value to our creators, viewers, and advertisers
• Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or prior engineering experience
• 3+ years of experience developing web application backends and APIs
• Familiarity with one of the following frameworks (Ember, React, Rails, Phoenix)
• Familiarity in the AWS ecosystem of services (EC2, RDS, Dynamo, Lambda, CloudWatch)
• Familiarity or experience building GraphQL APIs
• Familiarity with ETL pipelines (Kinesis, Apache Airflow, Redshift)
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and the container ecosystem
• Experience integrating with an ad platform or SDK: Amazon Ad Exchange, Google IMA/GMA SDK, DoubleClick API
Back to top