The eCommerce Foundational Technologies group (eCFT) develops platform services and software solutions that provide the technology foundation for Amazon's Consumer, Digital and other businesses. Our services operate at internet scale and enable thousands of software development teams across Amazon to rapidly turn their ideas into production scale software that power delightful consumer experiences for customers all around the world. eCFT's portfolio includes a wide range of services across computation, storage, data management, workflows, on-boarding systems and other foundational technologies.
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive Software Development Engineer to refine and deliver our grand vision, design and implement technical solutions useful for teams across Amazon. The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced environment, understands service-oriented architecture, and will help us help the business innovate quickly at scale.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record of developing highly distributed systems using Agile and incremental delivery methods. You must enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment and be passionate not only about building good software but also ensuring that same software achieve its goals in operational reality.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Expert knowledge of C++ or Java development and object-oriented design concepts
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers
• Demonstrated expertise in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience in a Unix/Linux environment
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Be able to work independently and collaboratively with customers and cross-functional software development teams
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.