Prime Video is disrupting traditional media with an ever-increasing selection of movies, TV shows, Emmy Award winning original content, add-on subscriptions including HBO, and live events like Thursday Night Football and English Premier League. Our architecture operates at Amazon-scale and raises the bar for playback reliability, video start time, and image quality. Prime Video runs on thousands of device types in over 200 territories worldwide.
The Playback Insights team designs, implements, and operates device-facing services that process and store telemetry and metrics for all of Prime Video. Every customer and device streaming Prime Video world wide reports into our systems, giving us the unique challenge of both scaling to handle incredibly high TPS, while also dealing with the complexities of Big Data.
Our architecture processes and stores hundreds of billions of events per day at petabyte scale, with obsessively high reliability and low operational overhead. We leverage many Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies including EC2, ECS, S3, DyanmoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, Athena, and EMR.
Successful Software Engineer candidates have a solid background in modern programming languages, distributed system design, service-oriented architecture, and high scalability. Experience in Big Data and Machine Learning is a plus. Equally important is the ability to multi-task, invent, create reliable and maintainable code, and find creative, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience with distributed computing
• Experience or interest in Cloud Computing and other emerging technologies
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.