Join the team that builds the technology that makes the magic of Amazon happen for hundreds of millions of customers around the world. Positions located in: Seattle, WA; Bellevue, WA; Nashville, TN; Austin, TX; Minneapolis, MN; Tempe, AZ; New York, NY; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; Palo Alto, CA; Cupertino, CA; Irvine, CA; San Luis Obispo, CA; Santa Monica, CA; Boulder, CO; Boston, MA; North Reading, MA; Westborough, MA
Amazon's Operations Technology teams are the technical engines that support Amazon's mission of being Earth's most customer-centric company. We build the software and services that touch every Amazon customer globally and innovate solutions for logistics, supply chain optimization, and transportation.
We are seeking Software Development Engineers to join a variety of teams, please apply to learn more:
We streamline our processes utilizing the latest applications in science, machine learning, and scalable distributed software on the cloud. We optimize inventory and shipments under the ever-changing landscape of demand, pricing and supply.
FULFILLMENT and ROBOTICS
We solve complex problems and invent for almost every aspect of fulfillment. We work with ambiguity and large problems, and work in a startup-like environment. Our robotics teams around the world are driving improvements in the safety and autonomy of our worldwide operations. We re-imagine what now looks like.
TRANSPORTATION and DELIVERY
We exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. We strive to innovate and provide best-in-class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new designs, products and services. (i.e. Prime Air, Last Mile, Amazon Flex, Delivery Service Partners)
We build and support the technology tools that Amazon businesses use to deliver packages into the hands of our customers. Our technology is used by multiple businesses and product lines within Amazon. We leverage company-wide technology solutions or design them from the ground up. (i.e. Amazon Scout)
To learn more about these specific teams, check out our team pages here: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/business_categories/operations-technology
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelors (BS/BE) or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals, including data structure and algorithms
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.