Software Development Engineer
- Denver, CO
CO Salary Range: USD 120,700.00 - 160,000.00 per year
Do you want to join a team that works with all of Amazon's devices (Alexa devices, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, Kindle, etc.)? Do you want to build systems that provide insight into the success of our devices? Do you want to work with world-class, state-of-the-art technologies on a fun, diverse, rapidly growing team in sunny Denver, Colorado? Then you want to join the Device Analytics Services Team in Denver!
Denver enjoys 300+ days of sunshine each year and has a vibrant, active community in which to enjoy them! A half dozen world class ski resorts within a two hour drive, innumerable hiking trails, rivers and streams, hundreds of miles of mountain bike trails, and a network of multi-use paths throughout the Denver metro area await! Amazon's office is situated in Denver's bustling Union Station district with excellent public transit access via Union Station just steps from the office. Dozens of nearby restaurants and the iconic 16th Street Mall are right outside the office doors. The Pepsi Center (home of the Colorado Avalanche and Denver Nuggets), Coors Field (home of the Colorado Rockies), and Mile High Stadium (home of the Denver Broncos) are all within walking distance of the office.
The Device Analytics Services team defines, certifies, and maintains metrics that provide insight into the success of our devices.
As a software development engineer on the team, you will be responsible for leading the architecture, design, development, and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in an environment where new opportunities and challenges arise frequently.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 5+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
• Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://amazon.jobs/en/internal/disability/us.
For Colorado-based jobs: The pay range for this position in Colorado is $120.7k to $160k/yr; however, base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top