Software Development Engineer
- Irvine, CA
You are part of a team of software developers, QA engineers, and other technologists. You are an innovator and excel in an ambiguous environment. You love starting on an ambiguous problem and carrying it through until customers can use it. You deliver quickly to customers, but never lose sight of the greater architectural goals and move the team further towards them with every incremental launch. You build the hardest thing first to de-risk the project and solving only what we need to right now, but always keep the big picture in mind. You dive deep to understand how all customers use our products, not only your own use cases, and then invent on their behalf. You participate in setting standard for quality in the development team. Your solutions are scalable, robust, and elegant. You value creating simple solutions for complex problems see how these are the most difficult engineering challenges.
You know that amazing results come from your smart, creative, empathic teammates. You actively participate in improving the team culture every day. You foster inclusion and believe giving feedback with genuine caring is how the team grows together. Your team is stronger with you in it because you make those around you better while never making them feel less.
What you'll do as Software Development Engineer, Amazon Physical Stores
You will be one of the first software development engineers on our team. You will be part of setting the team culture, quality bar, engineering best practices, and norms. Delivering iteratively to customers and earning trust with your team will be the primary ways you measure your own success. Recognizing that there's often more to learn from failure than success, you'll experiment constantly. You will build full-stack solutions, including front-end, back-end, data storage, mobile, and ML. You will architect, code and build scalable systems, and know that if a challenge is not a little scary, it's probably not worth doing.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience building distributed systems
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented programming , data structures, algorithm usage, and problem solving.
• Proven ability to mentor and grow junior engineers
• Willingness to own all stages of development process: design, testing, implementation, operational support;
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python, Scala, Ruby, C#, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top