The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Are you interested in shaping the future of what people watch on television? We are building exciting experiences and driving new customer interactions with our popular and growing entertainment platform and want to find someone passionate about creating awesome products. Here you will drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon's long-term vision, which includes rapid expansion and innovation in the delivery of media entertainment through Alexa and other means.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on customer experience.
The Amazon Kindle, Kindle Fire, Echo and FireTV are revolutionary consumer devices that have become the #1 best-selling Amazon products. They are among the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at both Amazon and the entire consumer electronics industry. We are looking for talented software engineers to join our team in building application software. This is an enormous opportunity to lead the design, architecture, and implementation of products used every day by people you know.
In this role, you will:
• Do mobile application software design and development
• Contribute expert-level development skills to develop performant consumer facing experiences for TV
• Write clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
• Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
• Work closely with internal teams to prioritize, design and build custom applications
• Interact directly with internal and external partners to identify app requirement
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• 1+ years of professional experience in software development
• 1+ years of demonstrated experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Software development experience in Java, Linux/UNIX, Android, or relevant technologies.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
• Analytical and creative design skills and excellent communication skills
• Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
• Passionate about building and improving new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Experience mentoring more junior team members
• Experience with best practices in Mobile App Development, Android based apps or 10-foot UI.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.