Would you like to help Amazon Software Development teams to create and deploy its next generation of software services securely in the cloud? How about working with customers and peers from the entire range of Amazon's businesses on products that make a real difference in our Information Security goals? Whether you're passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems in the cloud or a software developer who likes to solve interesting and complex business problems, Consumer Cloud Security is the place for you.
The Consumer Cloud Security (C2S) group is responsible for the protection of customer and corporate data. We are connected to all parts of Amazon's business and its massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture. We enable the Amazon businesses to design, build and operate their enterprise scale systems securely on AWS. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who is excited about leading the technical vision and architecture for mission critical software security systems that affect how Amazon developers create and deploy software that is secure and protects Amazon's and our customers data.
You will collaborate with the leadership team to drive key engineering and business decisions that will influence the Amazon developer experience. You will contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle across the entire Amazon development community, including design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and operations across mulitple teams. Since our systems are foundational to the Amazon ecosystem, you will also have the opportunity to learn about various Amazon business including the Amazon e-Commerce websites, Prime, Alexa and AWS.
Successful candidates for this position will have strong software engineering fundamentals (object-oriented design, algorithms and data structures) and a good grasp of advanced systems concepts and design. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. They need to really enjoy working closely with their peers within a group of very talented engineers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of professional software development experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information concisely to a variety of audience.
• Strong architectural and system design skills in Java, C#, or other high-scale programming language.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Master's Degree in computer science or related field
• Experience in an engineering leadership position where you have been the owner of a technical architecture with other engineers working under your guidance.
• Familiarity with cloud computing concepts and experience working in cloud platforms such as AWS
• Familiarity with security and compliance systems
• Experience with Java and web based technologies
• Strong business and technical vision.
• Experience in architecture and development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications that have been successfully delivered to customers