Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in making an impact and partnering with various Amazon businesses including our e-Commerce websites, Prime, Alexa and AWS? Does the challenge of designing scalable big-data systems to detect and prevent advanced security threats excite you? Do you enjoy working in an agile entrepreneurial environment solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions?
Consumer Cloud Security (C2S) is the group for you! We are responsible for the protection of customer and corporate data, while being connected to all parts of Amazon's business and its massive worldwide service-oriented architecture. Whether you're passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems in the cloud or a software developer who likes to solve interesting and complex business problems, Consumer Cloud Security is the place for you.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to design and build large scale, highly impact Permissions and Access Management Systems with company wide reach. There is ample opportunity to innovate and deliver high impact outcomes. You will collaborate with the leadership team to drive key engineering and business decisions that will influence the Amazon developer experience. You will contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle across the entire Amazon development community, including design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and operations across multiple products.
Successful candidates for this position will have strong software engineering fundamentals (object-oriented design, algorithms and data structures) and a good grasp of advanced systems concepts and design. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. They need to really enjoy working closely with their peers within a group of very talented engineers.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Experience in Java, C++ or C# (expert in at least one)
- Expertise in Data Structures and Algorithms
- Expertise applying Object Oriented design patterns and concepts
- Good understanding of networking concepts
- Good understanding of database applications
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Obsession with quality and customer experience - Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstract
• Master's Degree in computer science or related field
• Experience in an engineering leadership position where you have been the owner of a technical architecture with other engineers working under your guidance.
• Familiarity with cloud computing concepts and experience working in cloud platforms such as AWS
• Familiarity with security and compliance systems
• Experience with Java and web based technologies
• Strong business and technical vision.
• Experience in architecture and development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top