Software Development Engineer
- Toronto, Canada
Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived, wondered how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon? If so, the Amazon Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) organization is for you.
Watch this video to learn more about SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
SCOT creates the science and technology to drive Amazon's supply chain decisions. SCOT builds software systems to optimize product sourcing by balancing customer promise, product selection and inbound costs. Decisions we make have a significant impact on the bottom line. To accomplish these goals we build simulation and experimentation systems at scale, build optimization algorithms and leverage cutting-edge technologies across Operations Research, Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Forecasting, and Linear Programming.
Amazon.com fosters a culture of data-driven decision-making, and ownership to drive both scalable and maintainable software development practices. If you join the Amazon.com's SCOT software development team you will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision affecting Amazon's customers.
As a software developer on the Supplier Performance team, you will own full stack services including front end UIs, algorithms and data to track inbound defects in real time and to change supplier behaviour.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline
• 3+ years' full-time experience in software design and development
• Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, Python)
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
This role might be for you if...
• You thrive on solving ambiguous problems using your Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
• You use object-oriented concepts, algorithms and/or data structures to build multi-tier systems at Amazon scale.
• You want to innovate the ingestion of lots of real time events, evaluation against evolving business rules and supplier behaviour change.
• You have designed, launched, refactored, re-architected, and/or deprecated software with large amounts of data.
• You enjoy quickly adapting to fast paced development environments and bias towards simple and extensible code.
Back to top