The Amazon Alexa (Speech) team is a group of developers and scientists working on audio, speech and natural language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon's products and services. The team's mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR) in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers. Products such as Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap, Amazon Show & Amazon Fire TV are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume speech attribute services in a highly distributed ecosystem, that support the products that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that are used every day by people you know.
• Investigate, define, design, prototype, and evaluate full stack solutions that include creation of:
• Java-based, scalable, cost efficient, AWS-based microservices
• New features to C++ based speech attribute processing libraries
• Implement, deploy, and support software across its lifecycle
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Provide technical excellence
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 5+ years industry experience building successful production software systems
• B.S. (or higher) degree in Computer Science or related field of study
• Experience converting high-level product requirements into successful products through solid software architectures, engineering design and implementation.
• Experience in modern programming languages (C++, Java, Python), open-source technologies, and multiple operating systems
• Hands-on programming skills
• Excellent problem solving and critical thinkingskills
• Computer fundamentals including use of common desktop and cloud productivity apps Experience in Speech related technologies.
• MS or PhD in related fields (Math, CS, Speech etc.)
• Advance C++ practitioner with focus on optimization, performance, and scale
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers and provide technical vision.
• Experience working in and driving Agile/Scrum teams
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us