Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
What does the AWS Firewall Manager team do?
AWS Firewall Manager is a security management service that makes it easy for AWS customers to centrally configure and manage AWS Web Application Firewall (WAF) and AWS Shield Advanced DDoS protections. Using Firewall Manager, customers can easily create protection policies for their application across all accounts in their AWS Organization. We delight customers by offering a single pane of glass for configuring firewall rules and providing intelligent recommendations for new protection policies.
What challenges does AWS Firewall Manager tackle?
Firewall Manager needs to scale to handle the largest AWS customers. With a few clicks, these customers can apply firewall protection to tens of thousands of resources across thousands of AWS accounts. When new resources are created in a customer account, Firewall Manager automatically identifies the change and applies the appropriate security protections. To accomplish this, the Firewall Manager team must integrate with many other AWS services, gaining broad exposure across AWS. In the coming year, we will add new, intelligent, security policy recommendations to Firewall Manager to help customers better protect their applications running in the AWS cloud.
What is special about AWS Firewall Manager?
AWS Firewall Manager is the only centralized, cloud-native, cross-account, multi-resource firewall management service in the cloud. First launched in 2018, it is a new and rapidly growing service. Listening to customer feedback, we are quickly adding new capabilities and support for additional AWS firewall services.
Why should you join us?
• You will play a crucial role in this team and influence how we design, develop, build, deploy and support this young AWS service.
• You will design and apply advanced security techniques that defend some of the Internet's largest businesses from bad actors and malicious requests.
• We care about both delighting customers and building high-quality software.
• We offer a fast-paced environment with a start-up atmosphere. We ship code every day.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Deep understanding of object oriented design and development
• Excellent analytical skills
• Experience leading and influencing teams of developers to deliver global, highly available, highly scalable services
• Experience working with web application development
• Experience working in Linux based environments
• Familiar with Web Service Design and Implementation
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
Back to top