The Team: Amazon Physical Stores is launching brick and mortar stores ranging from Amazon Books, 4-Star and our most recent introduction, Amazon Fresh. These stores offer a curated selection of items with the Amazon customer experience signature. It is a magical experience that combines the best parts of a neighborhood bookstore or grocery store with Amazon.com's low prices and the expertise of passionate, knowledgeable staff who tailor their approach to the unique needs of each customer. Our journey is far from done, we are getting ready to launch new offerings that will amaze and define how customers interact with the Amazon Physical Stores in the near future.
The Role: Join a fast growing team where you will be valued for your entrepreneurial skills and ability to take on a whole new Amazon charter that feels more like a startup than a big company. As a Software Development Engineer in the Amazon Physical Stores team, you will collaborate and have fun with talented peer engineers to define the next store customer experience that is based on a secure, with robust and state-of-the-art maintenance infrastructure and cloud services that you will not only create but also experience via store devices and interfaces.
In this role:
• You will encounter challenging software development problems to solve in services and devices.
• You will be able to demonstrate your strong technical and communication skills as well as your teamwork abilities to deliver brand new customer experiences on behalf of Amazon.
• You must be curious in the face of ambiguity and able to develop prototypes and experiments to find the optimal customer experience to create robust, scalable, distributed and fault-tolerant features for Amazon customers around the globe.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Passion and established experience for full stack software development
• Expertise in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and complexity analysis.
• Ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable.
• Working knowledge of UNIX systems
• Thorough understanding of service oriented architecture, distributed systems
• Familiarity with one or more of: Ruby/Python/Perl or another scripting language
• Familiarity with Windows .Net development.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams.
• Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
• Obsession with quality and customer experience
• Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues at various levels of the organization
• Self-directed nature, entrepreneurship spirit and flexibility to wear many hats
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.