The Amazon Digital Goods (ADG) team is seeking an innovative Software Development Engineer for our expanding digital commerce business. Their focus will be on providing scalable, world-class services that power digital commerce for Kindle Tablets, Fire TV, Alexa, and more.
Our team is making "developing for Amazon" easy. Our platform creates a seamless unified experience for developers to submit digital content including Alexa skills, Apps for Amazon devices, In-app digital goods, games and plenty more. We are seeking a world-class developer who can think big and loves building cool stuff.
As a software development engineer, you'll play a critical role in the future of how the development community interfaces with Amazon services across a huge array of devices and touch-points.
Individuals interested in this position will be building high-performance, reliable software in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment. Your code will bring apps/skills/games to millions and millions of consumers. Are you ready?
Propose, design, and implement industry-leading solutions for services that will be utilized by millions of clients across numerous countries.
Participate in and contribute to the planning process for new features and projects.
Work with a team of truly innovative engineers and product managers to understand and refine the scope of incoming projects, and to ensure deliverables meet an unreasonably high quality bar.
Build highly maintainable, easy-to-understand code in both the web services, web, iOS, and Android space.
Mentor junior team members and assist in task management and Agile planning.
Work with multiple top-notch engineering teams to understand and respond to their needs.
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
• Ability to demonstrate proactive and continual improvement of knowledge about Amazon's business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.