Software Development Engineer
Device Ad Products is a business initiative focused on monetizing Amazon owned and operated devices. To do this, we are building a premium advertising platform that is unlike any that exists today. This is a strategic initiative for the company, and we are growing quickly. Our group functions as a start-up within Amazon, and offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you'll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to join our Device Ad Platform. This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual who enjoys working on large scale, high performance, data processing and real-time optimization problems.
You will need to think creatively and strategically about our business, and work together with other engineers, technical program managers, and product managers to identify and execute on the most promising opportunities. You will be responsible for defining high-level architecture, for writing world-class software, and for helping us to continually adjust and improve our software development practices and processes. Your success will be measured by your ability to build feature sets that deliver a strong user experience for Kindle customers, attract and retain advertisers, generate positive feedback from those advertisers, and that unlock revenue opportunities.
Join us today, and become a leader of this highly motivated, cooperative and fun-loving team!
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages a plus
- Experience with Big Data frameworks such as Apache Spark and Hadoop
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top