The Amazon Payments Tech Team's vision is to delight our customers with the best payment experience in the world! To achieve this vision, we are in search of a talented technical leader and craftsman who builds robust software that scales as well as client-facing features which are intuitive and simple to use.
Our team takes a world view of payments for all of Amazon and builds highly customized and seamless payment experiences for our global customers. This focus on customer and geography requires working on different technologies and back-end platform systems in order to meet the needs of our customers. Our back-end systems are always available and guarantee that our customer's orders are never lost and always processed even when downstream services are down. You will have a chance to understand and influence Amazon's Stack across Retail and Digital business.
Our team is highly motivated and in need of a senior engineer who can take the technical reigns of the team and steer them in the direction of our vision.
You are a technical leader and craftsman with a proven track record of successful delivery. You are someone who will enjoy the challenge of working on complex and highly disparate technologies from front-end Android development to back-end highly distributed systems. You are security-conscious and continually analyze software for potential threats to safeguard customer trust. You are interested in a high growth career opportunity and enjoy building software that brings smiles to our customers.
- Work closely with senior engineers to design, implement and deploy applications that impact our business with an emphasis on Payments across our retail and digital business.
- Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
- 3 to 10 years of Software Development experience;
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Software development experience in building highly scalable applications
- 3+ years of industry experience in, at least, one modern programming language, such as Java or C#
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in eCommerce and Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with service oriented architectures and web based solutions.
- Relentless customer focus.
- Thrive in technically challenging and complex business environment