Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The IMDb TV team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth's most customer centric ad supported premium free video service and make it trivially easy for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. We have learned that customer's love IMDb TV so we are looking for a Software Development Engineer who can build on our early success, pioneer new programs for customers, and help define our future. As a member of the IMDb TV team, you will spend your time as a hands-on engineer and a technical leader. You will play a key role in building software products and features from the ground up. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit tens of millions of Amazon.com customers. This is very much Day 1 for IMDb TV so you would be joining an entrepreneurial and pioneering team that is building from scratch.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java
• Experience designing and developing robust and scalable software and services
• Experience and knowledge of video development (e.g., media container, codec formats, streaming protocols, encoding tools)
• Experience in building significant modules for complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices including development and maintenance
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top