Software Development Engineer 2
- Seattle, WA
Seller Fulfillment Technology (SFT) team located in Bangalore is looking for a SDE2 to deliver strategic goals for Amazon ecommerce systems. This is an opportunity to join our mission to build tech solutions that empower sellers to delight the next billion customers. You will be responsible for building new system capabilities grounds up for strategic business initiatives. If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company wide initiatives, building and launching customer facing products in international locales, this may be the next big career move for you. We are building systems which can scale across multiple marketplaces and are on the cutting edge in automated large scale ecommerce business. We are looking for a SDE2 to design and build our tech stack as a coherent architecture and deliver capabilities across marketplaces. We operate in a high performance co-located agile ecosystem where SDEs, Product Managers and Principals frequently connect with end customers of our products. Our SDEs stay connected with customers through seller/FC/Deliver Station visits and customer anecdotes. This allows our engineers to significantly influence product roadmap, contribute to PR/FAQs and create disproportionate impact through the tech they deliver. We offer Technology leaders a once in a lifetime opportunity to transform billions of lives across the planet through their tech innovations.
• Work closely with senior and principal engineers to architect and deliver high quality technology solutions.
• Own development in multiple layers of the stack including distributed workflows hosted in native AWS architecture.
• Operational rigor for a rapidly growing tech stack.
• Measure success metrics and influence evolution of the tech product.
• Contribute to patents, tech talks and innovation drives.
• Assist in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 4+ years of Software Development experience.
• Excellent coding skills in an object oriented language such as Java and Scala.
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Proven track record of building large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality distributed systems and software products
• Good understanding of AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Lambda, API Gateway, ECR, ECS, Lex, etc.
• Great problem solving skills and propensity to learn and develop tech talent.
• Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and server less architecture.
• Ability to think big about problem statements, recommend alternative technical approaches and build optimal solutions.
• Bar raising tech skills in building next gen customer experiences using technology such as Angular, React JS, Material Design, etc.
• Sound understanding of putting in place and leading engineering excellence initiatives across team(s) such as design reviews, Bar raising code and COE reviews, CI/CD (e.g. using Hydra, Bones etc), change management, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Back to top